How it works:
- Select your Pottery Pack and any additional glazes and brushes you fancy.
- Collect your order from the workshop.
- Paint at your leisure, there is no rush!
- Return your pottery with the Returns Form to the workshop for glazing and firing. We’ll text you when it’s ready to collect. We will not fire any pottery without this form
Need to know:
Your pack will include:
- Set of 6 glazes, plenty to complete the project shown. You may purchase additional glaze sets if you wish.
- 2 brushes, one medium shader and one small detail brush. Bauble packs will also come with a brush/sponge suitable for hand/footprints.
- Small piece of sandpaper for corrections
- Detailed instructions will be emailed to you. Please read them to achieve the best results.
Other equipment needed:
- A water pot
- A small plate to mix colours on
- Kitchen towel. Wipes or tissue with balm in must NOT be used.
- 2-3 coats of glaze results in a solid colour finish. The glaze is dry enough for another coat when the shine has gone.
- Avoid overloading the brush to avoid losing control of the flow of glaze. Regularly wash and dry your brushes carefully.
- To make corrections, let the glaze dry and sand off…. Better still, make your ‘mistake’ part of the design!
Nice to know:
- Glazes are non-toxic and water soluble. If left to dry they will brush off clothes and are easily washed off.
- You may use your own, thoroughly cleaned with washing up liquid and rinsed. No traces of other paints or glue must be on them (it will spoil your pottery when firing).
Our ask from you
- We can reuse the pots and brushes. If you have no use for them, please return them with the pottery.
- Only use the glazes on the pottery you are having fired. They are not suitable for other craft activities.
- For best results, please read the instructions that come with your kit (even if you are a regular!) as we may have added new watch outs or top tips since you last painted with us.
- Do not use any other paint / substance on your pottery before firing.
If you enjoy your pottery painting, please share us with your friends on social media, it will really help us. Thank you 😊